So, not sure what to make of this but at dinner last night Miss10 told me that I’m like Elmo on crack.
I took immediate offence because red is really not my colour. And my voice so doesn’t sound like that. How does she know about crack anyway?
Then I got to thinking about why she said that and it became clear.
She sees my life and recognises it for what it is because to her it’s incomprehensible that a person should:
- get up at five am to get to the gym and do a 55 minute spin class
- to be home by 7:05 to bathe and dress and then corral two kids to get up, get dressed, prepare school lunch and do their hair
- get two kids to school by 8.10am
- get to work by 8.30am and (hopefully) be productive (and not get fired)
- get back to school by 3.30pm for pick up
- get one child home and document a shopping list
- answer work related calls all afternoon and respond to emails
- go to the uniform shop and collect bigger sports tops and pants
- get to the soccer field to retrieve one child and friend and meet friend’s mother en route home for transfer
- get home and spice a chicken and shove it in the oven
- dash to the shops for supplies
- return home in 25 minutes and peel potatoes and sweet potato to shove with chicken (that’s been cooking for 45 minutes into the oven)
- inbetween the last few dot points has also contributed to homework assignments
- encourage one child to bathe whilst editing the other’s english assignment
- put on a load of washing
- build perfect caprioshka
- serve dinner (and a good one at that)
- indulge in intelligent conversation during dinner (despite the opening comment being about Elmo and crack)
and do that on repeat til kingdom come. Like Elmo on crack.
Completely getting it. Completely.
Love and light
p.s. No crack was taking in the writing of this post
p.p.s. Anyone else out there like Elmo?